Chip Woodyard, PA-C
Learn more about Chip Woodyard
- Bachelor of Arts – Catawba College, Salisbury, NC
- Physician Assistant – University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
- Commander (Retired) – Medical Service Corps, U.S. Navy
- Preceptor of the Year Award 2001 – Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Roanoke, VA
- Two time recipient – Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal – U.S Navy
- Honorable Discharge, USN 2012
- Journal of Investigating Dermatology Publication
- Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants Publication
- Sports medicine
- Fracture care
- Therapeutic injections
- Patient education
Meet Chip Woodyard, PA-C
Chip Woodyard joins Virginia Orthopaedic Direct as an urgent care Physician Assistant. Mr. Woodyard attended the University of Utah School of Medicine in Salt Lake City, UT for his physician assistant certification. His special interests within orthopaedic medicine include sports medicine, fracture care, therapeutic injections and patient education. After playing 4 years of college baseball and football, Mr. Woodyard chose to focus his talents in the field of orthopaedics.
Chip Woodyard has 28 years of orthopaedic surgical experience from Lewis Gale Alleghany in Low Moor, VA. Simultaneously, he has 24 years of service in the USN and the USMC as both a clinical and administrative physician assistant. He served in Operation Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Chip is also sustained by his strong Christian faith.
Outside of the office, Mr. Woodyard enjoys spending time with his wife and family. Living on 5 acres of land keeps him quite busy. His hobbies include hunting and fishing, watching sports, gardening and cooking.